Here are some examples of our 2019 shortlisted entries:
Notes for 2020 Entries
- The Pakman Awards are free to enter and you can enter as many categories as you like.
- Your entry submission must relate to the period from January 2019 to June 2020, with any projects completed during this timeframe.
- Please tailor your entry to the specific category’s criteria, which are listed under each category in the ‘Enter the Awards’ section. Ensure that you address each of the key points that the judges are looking for equally.
- All entries for The Pakman Awards 2020 must be submitted using the online system. Please note that the online system for 2020 entries is not yet open.
- All sections must be completed for your entry to be accepted and each entry must be submitted separately.
- Please submit a document of no more than 4 x A4 pages, and ensure you use this space as creatively as possible. You can use written copy, charts, graphs, tables, images etc.
- Your submission must include a 50 word summary of your entry, including the main points and key results. Please note that we will include this summary in the awards script if you are shortlisted.
- You must also include one high quality jpeg of your company logo which will represent your entry in the Awards’ AV presentation.
- Please note that the judges will not be influenced by the size of the firm that enters – small firms are just as likely to win as large multinationals.
Clean Ireland Recycling, Overall Pakman Winners 2018
The Overall Pakman Award
The Pakman Awards are divided into 14 categories. The winners from each category are all eligible for the overall Pakman Award, which is one of the highest environmental accolades any organisation, business, community group or individual in Ireland can achieve.
A panel of judges will select the winner of ‘The National Award for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management’, recognising an outstanding contribution, based on the following criteria.
- An exceptional submission in terms of presentation, measurable impact and overall buy-in from the staff of the business, organisation, community group or individuals that are represented by the submission.
- The submission will highlight the sustainable impact of the initiative across all areas of recycling. How materials, energy, water and biodiversity are managed to reduce and minimise the impact on the environment.
- The submission demonstrates that the business, organisation, community group or individuals are committed to demonstrating excellence in waste management and recycling as a strategic / key objective into the future.
Best of luck and we look forward to receiving your entry!